Jobs im GEN Netzwerk
Hours: 60 hours per month
Remuneration: EUR 15.20 gross per hour (flat organisation-wide rate, based on Spanish employment; freelance rates will vary based on country tax rates)
Location: Arterra Bizimodu, Navarra, Spain (at least 50% of the time)
Application deadline: March 25th 2020
We are seeking a General Coordinator to join our small and friendly team.
You will be tasked with primarily the financial and strategic oversight and HR administration of the organisation.
You’ll be comfortable working within a horizontal and collaborative structure, while overseeing the many threads that make up this busy network. You’ll share the values of our organisation and, ideally, be knowledgeable and familiar with the European Ecovillage movement and allied movements and organisations in the sphere of regenerative, community-led, participatory development, ecological transition and climate action.
Working with us requires flexibility and adaptability, and a true passion and dedication to our vision. You’ll be able to see the big picture while not losing the details, and be meticulous in your oversight of budgets and finances (ideally, you’ll also be passionate about fundraising!).
You’ll enjoy working in a relaxed, collegiate atmosphere with a friendly team while overseeing a diverse and complex network organisation.
You will preferably be based in our office in Navarra, Spain – or be willing to spend a significant amount of time there in order to generate strong links with and oversight of the organisation and its day to day running.
GEN Europe is committed to improving equality and diversity in our employment practices and all eligible applicants, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability, will be considered on merit.
- Organisational oversight, strategy design and coordination
- Link to the council connecting strategy with the mission and vision of the organization
- Ensure the follow up and implementation of Sociocracy and the organizational structure in collaboration with the governance working group and council
- Financial oversight (day-to-day overview and project oversight, experience identifying and supporting fundraising opportunities would be a strong advantage)
- Reporting and accountability to GEN Europe Members and funders
- Staff coordination
- Ongoing support and appraisal to staff & overview of strategy implementation
- Design and implementation of staff employment
- Relationships with GEN Network
- GEN Europe representation at GEN board and General Assembly
- Hold contacts and collaboration with other GEN regions’ representatives
- Member relationships
- Organize and hold the GEN Europe’s General Assembly (in collaboration with the rest of the staff).
Essential and desirable qualities, skills and experience
- Experience of managing day to day finances, budgeting, and organisational financial overview (essential)
- Collaborative leadership (essential)
- Excellent coordination and organisational skills (essential)
- Willingness to spend significant amount of time in, or relocate to, Arterra Bizimodu
- Strong command of English (essential)
- Legal right to work and travel within the EU (essential)
- Fundraising experience (desirable)
- Fluency in other European languages, particularly Spanish (desirable)
- Facilitation experience (desirable)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role leading a team (desirable)
- Sharing the GEN Europe values:
- Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Inclusion and Participation
- Community and Cooperation
- Ecological, Economical, Cultural and Social Sustainability and a whole system approach
Please send a CV and cover letter outlining your experience, motivation and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th March 2020.
Nachfolge/Redakteur*in für die OYA Gemeinschaftsrubrik gesucht
Der langjährige Hüter der Gemeinschafts-Rubrik in der OYA-Zeitschrift (www.oya-online.de), Dieter Halbach, wird gegen Endes des Jahres seine Mitarbeit beenden. Gesucht werden Menschen mit Gemeinschaftserfahrung und journalistischen Fähigkeiten, die gut vernetzt in der Gemeinschaftsbewegung sind und daüberhinaus auch den Blick für Gemeinschaftsprozesse innerhalb der sozialen Bewegungen und in der Gesellschaft haben. Nach einer Einarbeitungszeit kann die Rubrik selbstverantwortlich innerhalb des Redaktionsteams der OYA gestaltet werden. Die Arbeit beinhaltet die Begleitung und Recherche von Artikeln, das gelegentliche Schreiben eigener Artikel und die Betreuung der Nachrichtenseiten.
Bei Interesse bitte schreiben an: email@example.com